Kheer Recipe (Rice Pudding). Kheer or Kiru is a rice pudding from the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios or almonds.
Kheer Recipe or Rice kheer is basically Indian version of rice pudding made with basmati rice, whole milk, sugar, nuts and spices.
Which rice is best for kheer? Basmati rice is widely used in North Indian cuisine so you will find a lot of people basmati rice for making kheer as it imparts a fragrant and delicious aroma.
Read Also : Watermelon Juice for this hot summer.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Bring the coconut milk, milk and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add Basmati rice, and simmer over low heat until the mixture thickens and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the raisins, cardamom and rose water, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls, and garnish with almonds and pistachios.
Read Also : White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe.
Nutrition Facts :
Per Serving: 513 calories; 33.4 g fat; 48.2 g carbohydrates; 11.3 g protein; 10mg cholesterol; 99 mg sodium