Best exercises to lose weight and burn belly fat. Here are some tips about losing fat and burn belly fat. Belly fat, also known as visceral fat, is not something that just makes your clothes feel tighter.
Belly fat expose you to chronic diseases like diabetes and hypertension, making you susceptible to heart and kidney related ailments. Although BMI has been used by various health organisations over the years to calculate weight, the rate of metabolism and how susceptible one is to diseases, it is known to be quite misleading.
People with belly fat are known to have a higher risk of certain health conditions, no matter how they look on the outside.
So here we have enlisted some of the best exercising tips to lose belly fat:
Running is best for lose weight
The good old Running is always one of the best ways to lose belly fat. Run for a while early in the morning with an empty stomach for at least half-an-hour. The results will be visible in a few weeks.
For beginners that wish to lose weight or lose belly fat as quickly as possible, lunges are the answer.
How to do it:
- Stand up with your legs as wide apart as your hips with your knees slightly bent.
- Lift your hands and align them with your shoulders and keep them parallel to the ground.
- Take a big step forward and sit as if sitting on a chair with your right foot aligned perpendicularly to the floor and your left leg lunging backwards supported by the toes.
- Repeat 12-15 lunges in each set, do 3 sets for optimum results.
The current favourite of dieticians all over the world to lose weight, stomach vacuum has taken the fitness world by storm, quite literally. Also known as Kapal Bharti, this one seems to knock off stubborn belly fat in the fastest way possible.
How to do it:
- Lie down on your back with your hands placed aside or stand on your feet with hands on your hips.
- Exhale all the air out of your lungs and diaphragm.
- Suck in your belly and hold it for as long as you can while holding your breath. However, if you have a problem holding your breath, breathe normally.
- Repeat 3 sets of 12-15 stomach vacuums for optimum results.
Crunches occupy the numero uno position when it comes to exercises that makes one lose weight or lose belly fat. Trainers around the world vouch for its effectiveness.
How to do it:
- Lie down flat on your back on a mat.
- Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor. You can also raise your legs so that they make a 90-degree angle with your torso.
- Place your hands behind your head.
- Inhale deeply and as you bring your knees closer to the chest exhale deeply.
- Repeat 3 sets of 12-15 crunches for optimum results.
Nothing strengthens your core and back like a plank. On the onus, it is known to reduce back and spine related problems and help enhance metabolism.
- Place your elbows on the floor aligned with your shoulders so that your elbows and forearms take the weight of your upper body.
- Now raise your body to push up position so that your body appears to be in a straight line from your head to toe.
- Constantly squeeze your abs while holding the position as long as you can while breathing normally.
- Do three sets of 15 planks for optimum results.
Note: While exercise in all forms benefits your body and mind, it is always advisable to consult a doctor or a healthcare provider before starting an exercise programme because all exercises are not considered appropriate for everyone.