GRILLED MEAT-VEGETABLE PLATTER RECIPE
Often, when we eat out, we may think of grilled meat or fish as a healthy option, but grilled vegetables can also be a great way to avoid heavy or high-fat meals at a restaurant.
While the most commonly found veggies are grilled eggplant, zucchini, onion, pepper or even grilled tomato, you can grill almost any vegetable! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables: carrots, green asparagus … or whatever vegetables you have in the fridge and feel like grilling.
- 24 small white potatoes (roughly 900g)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 zucchinis, cut into ½-inch thick discs
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 kg chicken breasts, bone and skin less
- 500g beef tenderloin
- Salt for seasoning
- 250ml of BBQ Sauce (of your choice)
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan for about 10 to 12 minutes, until just tender and not fully cooked through.
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Season the vegetables and meat separately with oil and salt.
- After the grill has been heated up for 15 to 20 minutes, cook the chicken and the beef tenderloins. Make sure to coat the meat with BBQ sauce towards the end of cooking. Make sure the meat is completely cooked through before removing from heat. Allow the meat to rest in a parchment lined plate for 10 minutes before serving.
- While the meat rests, skewer the potatoes and vegetables and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning over and basting the sides with the bbq sauce, until they thoroughly cooked, and charred on the outside.
- Cut the chicken and beef tenderloins and arrange them on a large serving platter with the grilled veggies and serve!
Use two different barbecue sauces for the meat and vegetables to bring in variation in flavour.
Read Also : Make a Brazilian Prawn Stew in 30 Minute