With the amount of harsh chemicals used in cosmetics, finding a gloss that suits you is not only difficult, but very expensive too.
Flaunt what your mama gave you with these easy-to-make homemade lip gloss recipes.
If you are going to spend an absurd amount of money on a product just because it’s made from natural ingredients, you better end up with lips like our very own Katrina Kaif.
But don’t worry if these expensive products have failed you, because we know the secret of making natural lip gloss. We have a secret homemade lip gloss recipe and believe it or not, it can be made in 5 totally easy steps!
Read Also : Habits that are making your lips dark
How To Make Lip Gloss At Home:
- Capsule of Vitamin E
- 2-3 drops of any food colour you want
- 4-5 drops of your favourite essential oil
- 6 tablespoons of Coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of Beeswax (Use Vaseline if you can’t find beeswax in your local medical store)
Now that you’re ready with everything. Let’s go, and..cook!
Steps To Make Lip Gloss:
- Mix the coconut oil with the beeswax and place it in your microwave for about a minute, or until it totally melts down to a liquid. Make sure you don’t heat it for too long.
You wouldn’t want a black lip gloss, would you? I suggest heating it for 30 second intervals with a little stirring action in between.
- Prick the Vitamin E capsule and pour its beautiful, nourishing liquid in the mixture.
- Add 5 drops of your favourite essential oil.
Keep in mind that the stronger the oil, the stronger will be the flavour of the gloss. So if you plan to use a heavily scented oil like Jasmine, make sure you put in just 2-3 drops.
- Add the food colour. Mix different food colours in proportion to get unique shades. Try lime green or a bright red shade if you wish! No one can stop you.
- Once it cools down, transfer the mixture to the containers. You can label them with funky stickers and gift them to your friends too!
It’s done! Can you believe you learnt how to make lip gloss at home, and that too in 5 steps!
Keep experimenting with different colours and flavours and impress your friends!
Read Also : Get Rid of Dark Circles Instantly
How To Apply Lip Gloss With Perfection:
- First things first, you need clean lips.
- Lips tend to get dry due to exposure to the sun and pollution. This makes the application of the lip gloss uneven.
- To get rid of the dead skin, you can use a lip scrub or just as you learnt how to make a lip gloss, you can make your own lip scrub with a mixture of lemon juice and sugar.
- Wash your face with Olay Natural White Foaming Face Wash Cleanser after you scrub your lips to get rid of the sugary-lemon concoction.
- If you plan on applying a lipstick, use a lip liner first. This makes it easier for you to stay within the lines and not smudge.
- Finally, it’s time to use your original product. Yes, the lip gloss that you so proudly made.
- Make sure you start applying the gloss from the centre of your bottom lip and drag it along to the edge of your lips.
- Blot it with a tissue if it gets too glossy for you, if not, you are 100% ready to take on the world with your sexy pout!
Read Also : Some Easy Tips for summer hair care
Source : Reward me