Kheer (Rice Pudding) Recipe
Kheer (Rice Pudding) Recipe. Kheer or Kiru is a rice pudding from the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios or almonds.
Read Also : Watermelon Juice for this hot summer.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Bring the coconut milk, milk and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add Basmati rice, and simmer over low heat until the mixture thickens and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the raisins, cardamom and rose water, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls, and garnish with almonds and pistachios.
Read Also : White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe.
Nutrition Facts :
Per Serving: 513 calories; 33.4 g fat; 48.2 g carbohydrates; 11.3 g protein; 10mg cholesterol; 99 mg sodium